.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, December 02, 2004

Damn technology! Damn it all to hell!

How is it, that a cold, hard plastic box can cause such an array of feelings in a person? Happiness at the funny joke your brother emailed you, anger at the breaking news stories of fresh murders and violence, relief at paying your e-bills just in time to avoid late fees, and enevitably pain and sadness when your online friends and family are suffering.

I am blessed to have a very large network of friends I've met through the internet, be it through MSN mommy groups, chatrooms, or even blogging. Sometimes just reading about someone for an extended period of time, makes you feel as though you truly know them. Their happiness and triumphs bring a smile to your face, their anger and frustrations irritate you equally and, as I've come to find out, their pain and sadness have a way of leaking out through the computer monitor and causing feelings of melancholy to take over.

The Good Husband is on his way out the door. He is hurt, wounded, and laying it out for all to see. The honesty in his words, the crystal clear description of his thoughts and his situation is overwhelming, the poetry of his words haunting.

I feel like I'm watching a movie and feel compelled to scream up at the screen for the characters to fix everything, to give us the happy ending that we all long to see. It can't end this way, can it? Tell me its not true.

Today I read his first post on his new blog, and then his last current post on his old blog. I wept through both. Maybe its hormones, maybe its the gloomy weather, maybe its the link I feel to him, but every line made me hurt more.

I wonder how his wife would feel, had she read his blog. If she saw the tremendous love he was constantly describing for her, if she had any clue how much her actions affected him, if she knew how much she hurt him, would this still be happening?

This sucks. I'm sorry you're going through this, Chris. We'll always have that night at the hotel though.

Go give Chris some happy thoughts and well wishes.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:23:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Good Wife,

Truth be told, probably every post that has made you cry was written with tears in my eyes. Every time you laughed, my laughter was in those words when I first typed them. My blog has been a window on my soul. There is nothing better for the emotions inside than letting them out.

Thank you for your kind words through out my life as the Good Husband. I'm going to miss the handle I guess. Do you think your husband would like it?

I'm kidding.

In a few years I'll return to the Good Husband blog with a new wife and new tales of love to spin. I have to return to happiness first.

 
At Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:41:00 PM, Blogger Mr B said...

GW,

In truth, I have not read Chris's story in full, but can understand your feelings about technology that allowed the emotional connection to occur.

Technology is just a medium for us to communicate, it conveys the thoughts and emotions of the mind that uses it far and wide. It can be used for good and bad, it does not know the difference between the two, it is mearly the instrument of the user. When I was feeling really down a couple of years ago, I found solace in an odd website 'www.sev.com.au' which paradies Star Trek et al.

Even though you get fustrated with the technology not being able to directly solve the problems of its user, it has in an odd way helped in part because you have been there when once it was not possible. And it is in this way that it can truly help. You can be there for somebody, regardless of time and distance.

And how would I have known you without it? - a good thing :-).

Chris - good luck for the future.

Mr B.

 
At Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:52:00 PM, Blogger unknown said...

:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home