.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, August 02, 2004

Stethescopes are expensive

Or at least mine are/were. My veterinary stethescope was near a hundred dollars, no frills. Thats the cheap one. My 'people' stethescope was engraved and otherwise just plain spiffy. It was also quite a bit pricier, but it was a gift. Imagine the pain of finding said spiffy stethescope chewed in half, one part sitting in the litter box and the other part still being chewed on by a soon to be extinct kitty. Also, I feel ill seeing the wide range of prices on stethescopes online. Someone should have told me about that before I spent all that money! I keep telling myself that they are probably really crappy compared to mine. lol Anything to ease the pain.

4 Comments:

At Monday, August 02, 2004 8:11:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

What do you need a people stethoscope for?

 
At Monday, August 02, 2004 9:12:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

For listening to lung sounds and heart beats on people, silly! lol Actually, the only significant difference between veterinary and people stethescopes are that the veterinary ones generally have longer tubing for the larger animals. I actually had one specific veterinary steth thats tubing was about 32" long, and one regular size for the small animals.

I suddenly realize that perhaps I never went into my medical background. Is that why you asked? Duh. lol Aside from my veterinary work, I was interested in med school, and attended Mizzou where I was flip flopping between Radiology, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology. I was seriously torn, and unable to make up my mind as to which field to pursue, so I never really made it past general rounds, lectures and conferences. To make a long story short, I worked in a hospital and needed a steth for work. Sorry to bore you with the specifics. lol

xoxo

 
At Monday, August 02, 2004 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

Oh, I thought you were in the market for one right now. ...and I know your a SAHM right now so I just wondered.

 
At Tuesday, August 03, 2004 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

In the market to replace my chewed up steth, or in the market for a job? lol I know I'll need a new one to finish out my school itinerary, or to go back to the hospital. I'm still mourning the brutal death though. You know, I wonder if I can't just have it repaired..salvage the head and ear pieces... Something to look in to.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home