.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, December 16, 2004

Bah Humbug!

He does it every year. Even though I tell him not to, even though I tell him it pisses me off and hurts my feelings. He still does it. He did it last night.

Rick likes to try and guess his Christmas gifts every year, taking the weight and sounds that shaking the gift makes and making an educated guess as to what it could be. Hes usually right.

On one present that had him stumped, he decided to go through a list of what it couldn't be. "Can't be a new lap top, because the size is wrong," and so on and so on and then, "And its not a photo printer, because that would be more for you than me anyway."

Thats exactly what it is. The new Epson that produces photos for about twenty nine cents a print, about the same as getting them developed elsewhere, only more convenient.

He got a digital camera for his birthday, that he lusted over for months, why wouldn't he want a printer?

Besides that, I already have plans for that printer. lol

I have a very elaborate Valentines day set up that I have been planning for months. Part of it includes a small album of sensual photographs, thus further proving the need for the printer.

Regardless of all that, I'm irritated that he spoils the surprise of his gifts every year. And for that I exclaim, BAH HUMBUG!


8 Comments:

At Thursday, December 16, 2004 4:40:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're just pissed because he is able to figure out what you get him. My guess is that you never figure out what he gets you, right? :)~ Just kidding babe, don't be mad at him..... it's not the gift, or knowing what the gift is or isn't - it's the thought that counts.

 
At Thursday, December 16, 2004 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

I used to know someone like that (my brother) and the only "fix" was to wrap gifts in a funny shape box, only instead of the real gift put in a note and maybe a few rocks or metal bits (so it sounded strange when you shook it) and put the real gift in a hiding spot or something.

Sounds more complicated than it is, but after a couple years of that he quit trying to guess.

 
At Thursday, December 16, 2004 6:09:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Well I for one say you should take that printer back to the store. He assumes that since you might just occassionally use the printer then it's a gift for you. Instead you were thinking of using it to print things for him.

Just take it back to the store. You can simply publish the Valentine album right here on your blog. Any arguments?

Jay

 
At Thursday, December 16, 2004 6:16:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Agreeing with Jay RE: posting the album for Valentines here.. And with Chuck RE: wanting presents. Hubby and I HAD said we werent buying for each other since we bought our swing early. But I love the surprise of it. And my hubby WON'T keep a surprise. I mean, even to the point of being in a store.. Asking me what I like.. Telling me to walk away while he buys it.. Then having me wrap them later to put under the tree. That's no fun. In his defense he did sneak a beautiful earring in a necklace set by me last year. But in 5 years almost 6.. We've never had just a Surprise Christmas. Annoying.

 
At Thursday, December 16, 2004 7:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say hello and to congratulate you on your recent nomination at the BoB Weblog Awards 2004.

www.blogmechanics.com/bob

 
At Friday, December 17, 2004 5:21:00 AM, Blogger Beastie said...

I used to guess, but I learned, even if you KNOW what it is, you do not guess it. Its not fun for your wife and all it does is ruin their holiday...

My wife usually does Christmas pretty damn good. But my birthday is another thing. We typically go to this family resort place and she calls that my present, which I think entirely unfair as everyone else still gets a present on their birthday.

 
At Friday, December 17, 2004 10:48:00 AM, Blogger mox said...

God, my husband does that too. It just sucks all the fun out of it for me.

mox

 
At Monday, December 20, 2004 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

As some people have already said, we also have always been the type of family to disguise our presents using rocks or huge boxes. My mother in law is the type that ruins gifts by guessing them, and I don't even bother disguising hers...I guess ruining it is fun for her. Maybe you'll find him something little as a surprise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home