.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, January 20, 2005

Drama

One of my girlfriends is notorious for going ridiculous amounts of time with no contact whatsoever, and then calling with a major life crisis. Basically, she calls when she needs/wants something.

After nearly two years of not hearing from Alicia, she called to tell me she was getting married and invited me to attend her wedding, two days from the phone call. My mother was in the hospital, and I had a new baby to care for, so the short notice wasn't enough for me to attend.

We soon met her husband, Aaron, and he got along really well with Rick, so I tried very hard to try and keep her in my life by going out and doing things together. This was fine for a short time, but soon she fell back into old habits and I didn't hear from her again except for the occasional fowarded email chain letter, etc.

Nearly seven months from hearing from her last, she called me one day last week leaving this message on my machine, "Hi GW, its me. I just wanted to call and talk to you for a few minutes, since I probably won't be able to talk to you again for a really really long time. I'm getting divorced and moving out of state. Call me."

What?!

Upon calling, I come to find out that she and Aaron had been having a really tough time together, and that she felt she was just his whore, that he wanted her for sex alone. They fought constantly, and she had decided to move out on New Years Eve.

Two days before, she was having a heart to heart with Aaron, trying to work things out. She sipped from a soda as they talked, and then went downstairs to smoke a cigarette with Aaron's friend, sipping from the same soda. Soon, she says her feet started to feel numb, and that the sensation was going up her legs and rendered her unable to move. Aaron's friend laid her down on a couch in the basement, covered her with a blanket and kissed her forehead, telling her everything would be okay before heading upstairs.

She heard yelling upstairs, and then Aaron stomped down the steps, dragging her upstairs and laying her across his lap as he sat on the couch.

"Are you okay," he asked. She told him that she felt sick, and he fed her some crackers as she got more and more drowsy.

Next thing she knew, he was having sex with her. She couldn't move and soon blacked out, unable to recall what happened next.

It would appear that something was slipped into her drink, whether it was Aaron or his friend, she doesn't know. Regardless, she was taken advantage of, is filing for divorce, and moving out of state. Drastic measures, but nothing she ever does is small.

I don't know what to think. Alicia drinks alot of alcohol, and it doesn't seem impossible that maybe things didn't quite happen as she described. That sounds awful to say, and I still have great distaste for Aaron, as he clearly hadn't been treating her as he should regardless. And of course, I was supportive in everyway I could be for Alicia, offering any help she may need. But I can't help but wonder how much she told me is solid truth and how much could be imagined.

Anyway, I have a Christmas gift that I hadn't been able to give her yet that she doesn't seem to be needing anymore. Its a personalized photo flip engraved with their family name, The Morrisons. I can't return it, obviously, so I wondered if any of my readers shared that last name and may be interested in it. If so, drop me a line at goodwife@gmail.com.

I don't know when I'll hear from Alicia again, although I'm sure it will be something exciting when I do. It always is. Shes sworn off men for the moment, understandably.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Red said...

Yikes. And I think I have drama...oh wait, I do. Still, feel rotten for your friend. That's scary stuff.

 
At Friday, January 21, 2005 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Runr, darling, I am not now, have never been, and never will be a male basher. I love and adore men too much for that silliness.

We had spent plenty of time around Aaron to get a feel for his personality and how he treated Alicia. Also, before the long stretch of no communication, conversations were more regular and I had heard plenty about their situation to form an opinion before the recent 'incident'. Theres too much for me to go into, but for me to have a distaste for someone takes alot, and I assure you I have a distaste for Aaron.

xoxo

 
At Friday, January 21, 2005 11:21:00 AM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

I suspect your friend to be telling the truth. Unless she has a history of being dishonest I'd believe the story. As for the friendship, she appears to be an emotional leach. She comes running to you when things are bad and she needs someone to rant and rave to. Be careful of putting too much time, money, or emotional investment into it. It doesn't seem as though she give back anything to the relationship.

And about the date rape drug, ewww. What a sick-o her soon to be exhusband is. From the details it sounds like he and his friend took advantage of her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home