.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, July 12, 2004

Dinner for One

When Rick left for work this morning, he saw the pinto beans that I soaked over night on top of commenting, "Oh yeah! You're making mexican food tonight." I spent a good part of the day making home made tortillas, picadillo, mexican rice, chili con lluevos, you name it. Rick loves mexican food, and this is all from recipes passed down from my grandpa's family. I don't mind making it because I know he enjoys it so much. Two hours after hes supposed to be home, I get a call telling me he met up with his buddy after work and that they're in a restaurant having dinner. Ummmm...right. "But don't worry, I can just take what you made for lunch tomorrow." Too bad I already dropped it all off to my parents house. Anybody in the mood for some mexican food? I know where you can get some really good fresh made. Guess Rick will be eating bologna tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At Monday, July 12, 2004 9:19:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I'm sorry, but I'd kill him if it were me. Homemade tortillas...now that's impressive!

 
At Monday, July 12, 2004 9:55:00 PM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

Lordy, good mexican and hand made to boot. What's Ricky thinking? Does your grandma's recipes include any salsa verde? Mind sharing your home made tortilla recipe? Corn or flour? I sure miss the south and midwest.

 
At Tuesday, July 13, 2004 9:47:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

LOL Chastity. I know! I was livid.

No salsa verde in my recollection, wilde_thought, sorry. But its all authentic mexican food, from my grandfather's side of the family. (his mother was mexican and his father spanish, so there is quite a delicious array of recipes in the family) I would be more than happy to share my tortilla recipe with you, if you really would like it. And they are flour tortillas, by the way.

Rick couldn't understand why I gave all his food away. Por bresito! hehehe

xoxo

 
At Wednesday, August 11, 2004 2:42:00 AM, Blogger rg said...

It's nice to hear good feedback on Mexican food. And to think I always take for granted my tacos... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home