.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Sunday, September 26, 2004

Plea for help

Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 11:20:03 -0800
From:
Michael Dede [ Add to Address Book Block Address Report as Spam ]
To:

Subject:
From me, Michael

23, Ashogbon Street
Bariga, Lagos State
Tel: +234-802-357-1577

GOOD DAY TO YOU.

I am sending you this private email to make a passionate appeal to you for assistance. Kindly accept my apology for contacting you this way and forgive me if this is not acceptable to you.My name is Michael Dede, the son of late Dr. Samuel Dede who died on November 15, 2003. I was actually born out of wedlock and my father never married my mother. I grew up in an orphanage home. I never knew my mother who I understand abandoned me with the owner of the orphange home. I am still a student of University of Lagos, even though I am almost dropping out of school. I want you to help me in receiving my late father's money in your account as his next of kin.I am contacting you because of my need to deal with persons whom I have had no previous personal relationship. The woman, my step mother chased me out of the family house after the burial of my father in December 2003. My step mother and her children have never hidden their hatred of me as my father never told them of my existence until the day I appeared at his front door. I am now contacting you because of the good news I received from my father's Accountant today. He informed me that three days before my father's death, my father visited his office and informed him that he just deposited the sum of $18 million US Dollars with a Financial Institution, FORUM BANK and would want that detail added to his assets and forwarded to his lawyer to add to his already written will as a codicil. The Accountant was yet to have this information sent to the lawyer when my father suddenly died. He said he has made enquiries and is convinced that my step mother and children do not know of the existence of that money. He said he was giving me this information because of his sympathy to my cross.I have since been to the bank and have confirmed that the money actually exist. I made enquiries on how I could get the money released to me and was informed that I should go and process a letter of administration from the appropriate probate registry. I have decided not to do it in my name. I am just 23 years old and my step mother and her children will be suspicious of my sudden wealth.They could kill me for the money if they ever found out. I therefore want you to assist me to process it in your name. That way the money would be transferred into your account abroad directly from here. Once this money is transferred into your account, I will like you to send 10% to my father's accountant as a gift from me for assisting me with the information, take 30% for yourself and help me invest the balance in a profitable business in your country. Most importantly, I will like you to help me get out of this country and come and live in your country. This is why I am contacting you for assistance. I hope I have not asked for too much.I have all the details that we shall need to proceed, such as the bank's address and contact details, as well as the original certificate of deposit which the Accountant graciously released to me. It is clear from the above that we would need the services of an attorney to process the much needed certificate of administration for the transfer of my father's money to your account. That would not be a problem because there are so many lawyers here that would understand the need to maintain absolute confidentiality while they process the relevant documents in your name and on your behalf. As soon as I get a response from you, I shall take necessary steps to make a proper recommendation. I also ask that you please keep all I have told you confidential and strictly between the two of us.

Please call me on Tel: +234-802-357-1577 as soon as you receive this email. You can send your response to my email address if you cannot call right away.I will be waiting for your response.

MICHAEL DEDE

Tel: +234-802-357-1577

I have never in my life received so many scam emails until I posted my email address in my Blogger profile. Which one of you monkeys keeps sending me this crap? ;)

6 Comments:

At Sunday, September 26, 2004 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Mr B said...

Not me!

However, the spam could be a result of a virus that looks at the address book of somebody who has stored your address or the spammers 'robot' that has scanned your profile page whist looking for e-mail addresses in web-pages, just like the Google 'robot' scans for words to make up its search database.

 
At Sunday, September 26, 2004 3:57:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

You should switch to gmail!!!
The only spam I get there is the spam that get's forwarded from my hotmail account. I don't have any more gmail invites, but should you get your hands on one, you can check out this tutorial I made for a better use of a gmail account.

 
At Sunday, September 26, 2004 4:19:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

GW...you didn't post your REAL email address on here, did you? I never put my real address on the web...even the ones on my webpage are written using a javascript so that spammers can't pick them up with webcrawlers. I suggest you create a new email account just for junkmail, that you use on here.
I can send you a gmail invite, if you'd like. Just drop me a line ;)

 
At Sunday, September 26, 2004 8:08:00 PM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

There are programs called bots that scour the web and newsgroups looking for email addresses. What you got is the classic money laundering scam out of Africa. My business has to have an address online for obvious reasons and I get tons upon tons of spam every week. Ignore the email. They will eventually stop sending that one to you. But you will still get others because your email appears somewhere on the web, like these pages for instance. My advice is to get rid of your email address from your profile. If you want to post an address that bots can't pick up, yet anyway, there is javascript that hides your address to the bots but allows others to click on it to contact you. Google for "free javascripts" and browse around until you see one dealing with email. Or maybe it's a dhtml code thingy? Good luck.

 
At Monday, September 27, 2004 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Good Wife, are you missing out on intimate moments? Would you like to give your special lady better and longer lasting orgasms? This is your lucky day!

Good Wife, you are one click away from the safest and most proven successful penis enlargement and erection enhancer available in the free world. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee with a lifetime purchase of...

Hardonoll - you'll tickle her aorta

 
At Tuesday, September 28, 2004 10:40:00 AM, Blogger God Hates Kittens said...

Scam? Whatever, if you ain't gonna call him then I will, then we'll see who's laughing all the way to the bank! Ha! Ha! Ha! LOL!!11!oneone (that's me laughing BTW). I got first dibs on the number!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home