.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, October 25, 2004

Germy Mc Germison

When I was about eight years old, I accidently gave my baby brother, then four months old, my cold. I had stayed home from school sick, and honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I lovingly kissed him as I played with and cared for him.

The kiss was enough to have him spend two days in the hospital, in an oxygen tent on the 23 and 24 of December. He spent Christmas Eve in the hospital. I felt awful, of course, and my parents joked about my 'kiss of death' to the point that I would go to my room and cry.

Since then, I am slightly neurotic about germs. I am very aware of what I touch and use extreme caution not to pass along or pick up germs if I can possibly help it. I expect the same from, of all people, my husband.

Friday night, after spending the day together, kissing and loving etc, Rick finally says, "I think I may be coming down with something."

What only moments earlier was the vision of lovliness in my eyes, has now transformed into a cess pool of germs and disease. I distance myself a bit before replying.

"What do you mean?"

"I think I'm coming down with a cold. My throats scratchy and my nose is stuffy. My head hurts a little too, but thats probably my sinus'."

"When did your sypmtoms start?" I ask, knowing its already too late, that hes allowed foreign bacteria to enter my body and form a plan of attack.

"Yesterday, I guess."

"What?!"

Yesterday?! He canoodled with me all day, knowing he was sick since yesterday?! Not to mention the wrestling with our son. Rick doesn't think about those things. This irritates me to no end. I feel like his mother, constantly having to remind him to wash his hands after he blows his nose, or to sneeze into his sleeve, not the open air, or to take his medicine.

So Saturday morning, the baby has a runny nose. Surprise, surprise. By Saturday night, I'm sniffling and sneezing. The invasion was successful. And I had no idea my husband was a double agent, carrying the enemy in his kiss. Traitor.

8 Comments:

At Monday, October 25, 2004 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Try Airborne Effervescent Health Formula.

I used to get at least twice as many colds as my wife, now by using Airborne I get fewer than she.

Jay

 
At Monday, October 25, 2004 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok GW, I agree - might need to cut him a little slack on the whole cold thing. Besides..... think of all the nursing back to health you can do to each other ::wink::

As for your illustrious Cards - I wish they would hurry up and do something already. I mean, damn! They got a gimpy pitcher whipping your butts!

Now, I have a suggestion that might help distract those Red Sox Bums. When they play game 3 in St. Louis.... you need to wait until the Sox are up to bat, and then streak across the field. I'm sure you will break their concentration so badly they will lose the game miserably! Just a thought......

 
At Monday, October 25, 2004 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Lol, thank god you don't live in Ohio. I spend most of the winter with a lingering head cold....yuck. But I think the lovey dovey stuff is worth it! You guys are suppose to share everything, right?

Lol, I keep pulling for the Cards just because I hate the Sox...they gotta get it together! I'm pulling for them though!

:-)

 
At Tuesday, October 26, 2004 5:55:00 AM, Blogger Dick said...

Hmmm.... Guess you'll have to ask for a certificate from the quality control guys before you ever touch him again. ;-)
(runs away laughing so he doesn't get smacked)
Dick
www.matureindividual.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, October 26, 2004 7:21:00 AM, Blogger Red said...

Awwww, Good Wife. I'll take up for your side on this one. He might have mentioned how he felt and let you decide if the canoodling was worth it or not. Feel better - colds suck.

 
At Tuesday, October 26, 2004 8:03:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

hee hee! Not a bad idea, Dick. :)

Meanwhile, it is entirely possible to be intimate without sharing germs. Thats my gripe.

As for the Cards, well, we are undefeated at home, so I'll just leave it at that.

GO CARDS!!

xoxo

 
At Tuesday, October 26, 2004 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Rosa* said...

I'd take a nasty cold for some firework blasting, soul shattering, body melting kisses from my guy anyday! YUM! Oh, and sorry, but I totally agree with StuckFN...go Sox! (This from a die-hard Braves fan who has become slightly addicted to Johnny Damon for unknown reasons..LOL)

 
At Tuesday, October 26, 2004 3:02:00 PM, Blogger Rosa* said...

I'd take a nasty cold for some firework blasting, soul shattering, body melting kisses from my guy anyday! YUM! Oh, and sorry, but I totally agree with StuckFN...go Sox! (This from a die-hard Braves fan who has become slightly addicted to Johnny Damon for unknown reasons..LOL)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home