.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, August 10, 2006

Change

I actually went through my blog links list and weeded out the dead or broken links today. I was surprised to see some bloggers gone without a trace, their sites already claimed by someone else. I was also surprised, and happy, to see some familiar faces still posting away. A few ended their blogs and moved on with their lives, their needed therapy achieved and happiness restored. I am happy for those friends, and wish them continued happiness. A few blogs went sour, ending on sad notes. I wish those friends happiness and healing.

Some blogs went into directions I disagree with, and being goddess of my domain, I deleted them. Oh, but to possess that power in reality!

Blogs are funny things. They are birthed for a multitude of different reasons, treated well while needed, and thrown in the corner and neglected when the novelty wears off. I don't think thats necessarily a bad thing.

I have had good and bad experiences with blogging. The best being lessons learned, friends made, and progress made in my personal life. The worst being false friendships, being stalked, and the pile of laundry that piled up as I immersed myself in other people's life stories.

Everyone wants to be heard, to have their voice count, opinion matter. And it does, be it electronically through cyber space or even silently in your own heart.

11 Comments:

At Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Carl from L.A. said...

I'd like to see you continue posting, here or elsewhere.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Tor said...

I'll second that - I wish I knew where your other blog was :(

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're back. You ARE back aren't you??

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Am I back? Yes, if you'll have me. Carl and T, I wish I could tell you where the other site is, but I really can not. I'm sorry. :(

Carl, are those your babies?? My goodness, they are gorgeous!!

Thank you for sticking with me, guys.

xoxo

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 3:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird, I haven't checked here in months and all of a sudden I check and you just updated.

sixth sense I guess..

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 5:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved from blogspot to my own domain name... ;)

However, I also checked some of my old links and Professor Mel's blog redirects to 'signs of the week'. What a shame. His blog and your blog were my first favorite blogs.

The ones I could stay reading for hours and hours...

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Hi Rolando! So good to see you! I really miss Professor Mel's blog too! I hope hes doing well, I will most definetely miss his writing.

xoxo

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Amazing! She exists!

I'm one of those whose blog is gone. I do check my old blogroll on occassion to see updates.

Jay

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 7:01:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Hi Jay!! So good to see you!! I saw your note on your blog and was very sad to hear that the blog caused problems between you and Kitty. I hope you and your family are all doing very well, and again its great to hear from you!

xoxo

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

Hey. I saw your comment at my site. Glad to see that you're somewhere where I can read you once again. Shame what happened to your group writing blog. Completely spammed.

Any chance that I might read you at your other blog? No problem if you say 'no.' If you say 'yes' then just send me an email.

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:37:00 PM, Blogger Percy said...

yeah blogs are funny things. yours was one of the first I started reading. then baby etc. I still had it bookmarked and checked every month or so... NOW I see you are back..
Actually I wasn't even blogging with I started reading yours...

Glad your are back, I missed your stories, your imagination...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home