.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Friday, September 17, 2004

Stitch in time....and Rick too

I was in the middle of a post yesterday, when I got a call from Rick. He had sliced his finger open at work and was on his way home so we could have it looked at and potentialy get stitches. Stitches? Surely he was over reacting.

It didn't take him long to get home, and I was expecting little more than a severe paper cut. Hes not very stoic about all things pain related, so again, I assumed he was over reacting.

He had his finger wrapped in paper towels and tape, poor man's wrap, I suppose. lol I already had out the peroxide, neosporin, gauze and wrap. Then he unwrapped his finger.

"It doesn't look that bad," I say. It really did look like a bad paper cut.

"Yeah, but look at this," he says, lifting a huge chunk of finger up with the skin flap that appeared to be the previously noted paper cut.

"Oh..." Hard swallow, pushing breakfast back down to my stomach.

"And look, theres finger guts hanging out of it," pointing to the bloody mush poking out through the gaping wound.

"Okay! Enough!" And to the doctor we went.

He got six stitches. Let me rephrase that. He got six of the crappiest looking hack job stitches I have ever seen. Quite a mess. Rick agreed that I could have done a better job, having seen my handy work in the past. Regardless, the finger guts were put back in place, and the flap closed. Thats whats important.

Thank you for those who checked up on me and wondered where I was. Very sweet, I appreciate the thought. :)

And I'm happy about the well received post before this one as well. You all flatter me to no end, thank you! I love it! ;) I have to admit, when an English teacher rates my work so well, I get an extra special giddy feeling inside. lol Thank you, loves!

xoxoxoxoxo

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 17, 2004 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Dick said...

I've always just used duct tape unless I can't get it to stop bleeding. Saves time and money.

Dick
www.matureindividual.blogspot.com

 
At Saturday, September 18, 2004 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

do hope this won't impede his performance.

 
At Sunday, September 19, 2004 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

I hope Rick recovers quickly, and that it doesn't hold him back at work. Hands are not a good place to be injured.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home