.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, November 22, 2004

Blog Whoring Finds

I get alot of people writing me and asking for a link to their site. Whats funny is how some of these people ask. "Couldn't help but notice the heavy traffic on your site. could you link to me?" End of email. No, 'hi, how are ya?' No conversation or niceties, just link me. My answer? Well, you won't find their links here, if thats what you mean. lol

Generally though, I don't like people asking me for a link. I think thats kind of tacky, with the exception of a few good blogger friends who I'll exempt from the rule. If I like you, if I read your site and enjoy myself, then you'll get a link without having to ask for one.

Now, don't get me wrong here. There are plenty of blogs that I read that are not in my sidebar. I'll blame laziness and memory loss for that. There are blogs that I've been meaning to link to for months that I've yet to add. I loathe opening up my blog template, having all that garbled html staring back at me. I can only take so much before my eyes begin to cross and I get sick of typing code. All in good time though, I promise.

Also, if you have a blog exclusively dedicated to extramarital affairs, cheating on your spouse, planning to cheat on your spouse, or cheating with somebody else's spouse, chances are that I won't link to you. I have, I believe, one exception to that in my links, and he has such a way with words that though I hate what he does and says, I can't be mad at him.

I'm a married woman who loves my husband dearly, and it would be the end of me if he ever had the cliche' 'cheating blog'. I choose not to further fuel those people's blogs. That said, one of my blog whoring finds has questionable content, but more on that in a bit.

New Blogs to read:

Straightfoward Thoughts : You all remember Greg from his smartass comments back and forth with Bob. lol Sweet guy with adorable kids and a great sense of humor. Hes a keeper.

Sweltering Celt : This girl and I have exchanged a few emails here lately, only to find that our similarities are downright spooky! lol You may also recognize her as a reviewer on Freddy & Eddy. Lots of good female point of view perspective, which always makes for a good read.

Eyerocker : Hilarious! This site is endlessly funny. You will not leave his site without a smile on your face. Hes also a very sweet guy, though its tough to tell through his blog. ;)

Wicked Passion : Another new blog, this one focusing around a twenty something girl "exploring life to the fullest". Her writing reminds me of one of my closest girlfriends, and therefore, makes me feel like I'm sitting down and catching up on all the gossip. Love it.

Used Car Sales : So not a new blog. lol I've been meaning to add this for ages. Robert has a no shit attitude and very frankly tells you how it is. I sense a bit of a softie deep beneath the crusty exterior though, whether he likes to admit it or not. lol He also seems to be the only one who followed my link over to the other Robert's knee slappin, kitty blog. Whats wrong with you people? lol

Classifed Blog : This is the blog I'm on the fence about linking to. Whats interesting, is that this guy has another blog, a live journal that appears to be the Dr Jekyl counterpart and 'Classifed Blog' appears to be his Mr Hyde. On his live journal, he is so happy and positive its nearly obnoxious-I mean that in the nicest way. On his blog, hes a bit dark, not to mention having an affair with his friend's wife. What?! Very odd, and completely unexpected if you read both journals, but unfortunatly, they are to be kept separate. Not sure you could appreciate the irony without the comparison....

I've had all the html I can take for the day. Enjoy.

11 Comments:

At Monday, November 22, 2004 4:19:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

A superb post GW! I've experienced the eye-crossing sensation myself... HTML code can be rude for the n00bs. LOL.

 
At Monday, November 22, 2004 5:09:00 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Lol, I don't mind not seeing my Blog over there. It's no big deal, hell I'd be worried if you spent a lot of time constantly updated the Blog. It's good the way it is!

That and met an amazing guy through your blog...but you already know the story... ;-)

And I'd love to get a Christmas Card! I'm pretty sure you have my e-mail address...that'd be great hun!

I know I'm not alone on my wondering about what happened after Rick got home Saturday night...tee hee tee hee! Inquiring minds are wondering...

:-)

 
At Monday, November 22, 2004 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Some Woman said...

Hee hee. I hope I'm NOT one of those people you classify as being a cheater!

 
At Monday, November 22, 2004 9:34:00 PM, Blogger Ang said...

To think, *I* was one of the emailers. Still, I'm glad you like me (or at least our similarities) enough to link to my infant of a blog. Well, that and I sent you a copy of your review AND I was conversational...

And just 'cause I link to my best reviewed sites right now doesn't mean I won't link to more!!! Those are just all I know so far!

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2004 7:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GW, Thanks for the mention. Passing on the love is what it's all about.

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2004 8:54:00 AM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

GW, have you noticed that if you pick a particular type of blog, say the cheaters or the submissives, and you follow from one blog link to the the next you wind up looking at nothing but blogs dealing in the same topic? Must say that's one thing I like about your links. It's a potporri of different things.

By the way, how do yo like gmail not that you've used it for awhile? Is it something I should try to scrounge up an invite for? I've noticed that hotmail has doubled its email storage size and improved junk filtering in the last few months. Pressure from gmail I'm sure. Even though the thing is not offered to the general public.

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2004 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

WT, yes, I have definetly noticed that certain blogs seem only to have links to other like sites. Very boring if you ask me. lol If I enjoy a site, it gets added to my list. My sidebar is literally the list of blogs I actually read on a regular basis.

Roger, I'm so glad to hear from another person who is unimpressed with all the 'cheating' blogs! Theres hope left in this world yet! ;)

Wt, about gmail, I love it. I didn't want to, I was skeptical, but it truly is quite wonderful. I have an invitation left that I'll save for you, should you wish to try it out yourself. I have yet to receive one single spam email through gmail. In my hotmail account, I get too many to count, even with the filters set at high settings.

xoxo

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2004 10:08:00 AM, Blogger scrubsnhugs said...

Does it count if you married who you cheated with?...hmmmm..I suppose I am one the bad list then..Even though I dont want to be on the bad list...Im wondering if that invalidates my marraige as well. I never really cared about people linking me or not..it is not why I write my blog..certainaly I love your blog..since you are a big believer in loving and respecting your man..and keeping it fresh..I feel the same way. I guess somehow, this blog entry has poked me in the side...I guess I should get over it .

 
At Tuesday, November 23, 2004 11:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GW,
Have you looked into BlogRolling (http://www.blogrolling.com/) for your sidebar links. It seems as if many bloggers are using it as an easy method to manage their linked blogs
Justa thought

 
At Wednesday, November 24, 2004 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Red said...

GW, I just want to thank you also for your stand on the cheating blogs. I was someone who was hurt by one and your position on them only increases my fondness of your blog. Huuuuuuuge high-five for standing strong.

 
At Thursday, November 25, 2004 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Rod, I hear you, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. :) I was simply sharing my opinion on the subject, and some people chose to take it more personally than others. I've gotten huge response from both sides, for and against my opinion.

I never intend to hurt anyone's feelings on my blog. Everything I post on my blog is simply my honest feelings.

Thank you for sharing your opinion Rod and everyone else-good or bad. :)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home