.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, November 08, 2004

Pain in the butt

Yesterday was spent doing more work than I care to think about. Most of my day was labored away outside, where I power washed the patio, deck and house. Fine and dandy, except that the dog was playing in the mud and created a nice slick spot on the bottom of the deck steps, which me, being the graceful swan that I am, quickly stepped in and fell. Hard.

In a desperate attempt to catch myself from falling, I scraped away a good amount of skin from my left arm, which still burns as I type this. Today, the scrapes have developed into blue and purple bruises, arranged in such a way that it looks as if Rick beat me. My mother would be appalled.

I have a four inch perfect outline of the step edge, tattooed on my ass with hues of blues, purples and even some fuschias shadowed with the faintest hint of yellow. It feels as good as it sounds.

Hurt perhaps most of all, may have been my pride, should my husband had decided to have been outside helping me, but alas, he was not and so spared my tender ego. Thank God for that. I can rest easy, knowing no one saw my graceful plummet, or heard my pained squeak.

Well, except for the dog.

My bottom is protesting the office chair in which I sit, so I'm off to find an ice pack.

4 Comments:

At Monday, November 08, 2004 1:06:00 PM, Blogger Mr B said...

Ouch, Sh1t happens. Well at least you did not break anything, especially your coxix which would have been very bad. The bruses to your body and pride will subside. I did a similar thing when I was seventeen in a kitchen (work) when I had a mug in my hand. I needed a few stitches, I still have the scar.

By the way, what type of dog is it? I had a Springer Spaniel for nineteen years, completely mad, but so much fun.

 
At Monday, November 08, 2004 10:07:00 PM, Blogger scrubsnhugs said...

Awwww poor thing..thank God you suffered only bruises!!

 
At Tuesday, November 09, 2004 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Thanks for the well wishes. It still hurts!! And the bruises are rather hideous. I showed Rick last night. His reaction: "OH MY GOD! Thats the biggest, ugliest bruise I've ever seen!" Thanks. That makes it all better. lol

Mr B, we have a labrador mix. Hes seven, but still acts like a puppy when theres mud or snow to be played in. And yes, I'm glad I didn't break my tailbone, because there is absolutely nothing you can do for that. And I may not be able to blog for a bit either...

xoxo

 
At Tuesday, November 09, 2004 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Mr B said...

A Labrador mixed with madness ;-) I used to have a Welsh Springer Spaniel that never grew up - wonderfull times.

Get well soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home