.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Thursday, August 12, 2004

Don't Try This At Home

I'm surprised at the number of people using my site as an example of 'what not to do'. lol Some jokingly, probably the ones who are embarrassed to talk about sex. And others just appalled that I write what I do in good conscious.

Whats so funny about the last group, is that I usually get the most hits from their reference of me. lol Whoops! No one is tying you up in your chair, forcing you to click over to my site. (if they are, then you probably enjoy it!;0) So, the easy solution is to stop coming here. You won't all of a sudden find me posting about church sermons or casserole recipes, so stop looking! But feel free to continue using me as an example. Your stuffy friends rather like me.

I've been blog whoring, and have found some good sites. lol What, you may ask, is blog whoring? Well let me tell you! hee hee When I first started this blog, and had no one commenting, I decided to cruise the recently updated blog list, *hoping* to find an audience, or at least an audience who would talk back to me! lol I found quite a few blogs that way. Blogging like I never blogged before, Road to Pregnancy, Rantings of an Internet Salesman, Blogging Without A Net, A Fool For Women, Hex, Fries and VideoScotchtape. Is your name on my list? lol Are you surprised that I found you by blog whoring? Its a dirty job...

Anyway, in the last few days, I've found some more blogs worthy of note, and that will find a home in my side bar hopefully soon. Are you surprised by the blogs I read? Not a lot of kink in there, is there? Mostly funny blogs, actually. Maybe I just want you to come here for the kink...lol No, there are some good sex blogs up there. I just didn't find them through blog whoring. We met through a Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting. lol I kid.

And now the new blogs:

My dark little corner of cyberspace~ A day in the life account of a real life hero, a fireman. He is a doll, and you must go read his site. Everyone needs to understand what these men and women go through.

A Butterless Man~ Ahhhh... Professor Mel! I just simply adore his writing and the intellect that shines through his posts. His metaphoric writing is poetry in motion, causing the reader to lose their sense of place and time as they are pulled into his world through his words. A must read. *Edited for Professor Mel's pleasure*

Intermediate Animal Cracker Survey~ Oh my goodness, this site! lol Run by Tralfie, I am stunned that more people aren't flocking to his site. Hes very funny, easily comprable to the bigger funny sites, and yet no signs of his visitors. His comments and tracker must be broken. That must be it.

The Incredible Journal of a Weird Dude~ This is another web surfing site, kinda like Rich's. Its run by Rolando, and has funny pics, clips and jokes. Very entertaining, and hes a sweetheart.

I hope I haven't forgotten anybody.

One more note, yesterday's story was not the planned Hump Day submission. That has been delayed to next Wednesday so I can add the new lead character, remember? lol I've gotten more emails about that. Its coming, and it will be good. ;0)


21 Comments:

At Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:19:00 AM, Blogger rg said...

(Hey, you finally achieved to get the sidebar up along with the body of the page. Kudos to you GW!)
Wow, thanks for publicity,... and saying I'm a sweetheart. I feel honored... and I'm gonna quote you... lol

I must tell you that you have a way of writing that is really appealing. In other words, and in leet speak (1337 5p34|<), J00 ROXXORZ, MEH SUXXORZ. lol. That means you rock, I suck. lol.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

So my sidebar was screwed up! Why did nobody else tell me?! lol And, I deserve no kudos, as it appears to have fixed itself.

What is leet speak?! lol I've heard you mention it before....I'm curious to know!

And you are welcome for the compliment, you earned it. Feel free to share that as you see fit! =0)

xoxo

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I do quite a bit of "blog whoring". It's how I found your blog. I'm a fan, keep it up.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:37:00 AM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

Good Wife, is that how your counter jumped in several weeks from over a thousand to over five thousand? Hmm, which group should I piss off to get a loyal readership at my blog?

And they really list you as to what not to do in a blog site? Really? What oafs. What newerdowells. What ninkampoops.

Keep up the good work, GW. It's obvious from your blog that you enjoy life. Keep sharing.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Ms. K said...

No kidding--keep pissing them off, GW! :)

I have people reading my site (ex-coworkers, for example) who claim to dislike me, but then they go and read my site! They don't know I know, but my IP tracker tells me and, yeah... I will then subtley hint (and sometimes not-so-subltey!) that I know and then they stop for a few days and then they come back.

So yeah, write what you feel like writing and you will probably always have interested readers. The more you write about "bad" or "forbidden" topics, the more interested people are. I write about whatever the fuck I please, ranging from what classes I'll be taking in grad school to the intensity of last night's orgasm. I've read your blog a few times and I've enjoyed reading it, even if it is the anti-blog! :)

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:20:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

I beleive this wiki speaks for itself. lol. I thought you already knew your side bar was a bit screwed (from a post you did earlier). If you exceed a certain amount of pixels, then the sidebar goes down becaues it can't 'push' the allocated space the 'body' of your blog has. (look for the body tags (between the < and >'s) in your template).

If you want to change the width of your body and sidebar to try to make it work. Preview after you modify, and clear edits when you make mistakes.

Oh, and 1 question before I leave:
Why can't I add the target="_blank" in a link in the comments section? that pisses me off... lol

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Yes, they really do that! lol Kinda defeats the purpose when you post a link to a terrible site, only to have your readers flock to it. I'm not complaining, I like the attention! ;0)

Thank you for the compliments! They are well appreciated!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

(I threw in some extra hugs and kisses to the people using me as a bad example=0)

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

Okay Rolando, you smarty pants, you! lol How did I exceed a certain number of pixels? You guys know I'm not very tech savvy here...lol

Yes, I knew I had problems viewing my sidebar, but everyone else said it was where it was supposed to be. Does this mean the post with too many pixels got pushed into archives, allowing the sidebar to be fixed?

Thank you for the comment Anna! People are funny, aren't they? lol

xoxo

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Waterhouse said...

Ah, Good Wife, thanks for the mention. Your blurb above reminds me of the "warning" before US airings of the Flying Circus, "Do us both a favor and DON'T WATCH!" You and your blog are a bright spot in my day!

M.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 3:23:00 PM, Blogger Good Wife said...

LOL! *wiping tears* So you didn't like my description, eh? ;0)

xoxo

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 3:33:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Waterhouse said...

O, I loved it--your blurb = your first paragraph--leading up to whoring....

M.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:31:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Waterhouse said...

Ah, even better. You are too kind.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:44:00 PM, Blogger Chastity said...

How could anyone talk bad about the Good Wife??? Seriously though, I've run across PLENTY of very nasty, almost sickening sites (while "blog whoring") and I don't return to those sites, but I don't go off and bad mouth them on my site either. To each his own I guess, but if people think you're site is too out there then I don't know how they make it in the world. A woman who has sex with her husband and her husband only....hmmm...who'd have thought that was a bad thing.

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:42:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

How do you 'Blog Whore'? I'm interested in getting more visitors...
Does that mean I can be called a biatch?... lol...

Pixels is a form of measuring, at least it's more universal (in computers) than milimeters or inches because it measures precise sizes on the display of your monitor. (The actual size you see depends on your screen resolution). But I beleive that the link from babel translations might be the thing that pushed it apart, because it was an image and that isn't resizable unless you specify the size in the template, or use another image.

Just remember, I'm still a newbie, in leet speak... a n00b. So if there is anyone that doesn't say otherwise... I think I may be right. lol.

Oh, about blog whoring, is it just going to other blogs, check them out, and make comments? Cause if that's true, I might be a bit of a whore... ^_^

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 9:46:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

Lol, just checked the Babel translations... and the title for this post says 'No intente esto en el paĆ­s' lol!!!
(That means "Don't try this at your country") And there are a bunch of other translations that are really funny when going from english to spanish...

 
At Thursday, August 12, 2004 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Tralfie said...

I've always though my blog was something of a painfully awkward mess, but thank you for the kind words. It's nice to know someone is reading.

Blog whoring is good thing. We should all do more of it.

 
At Friday, August 13, 2004 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Good Wife said...

LOL! I've noticed some odd translations from Bable before. Very funny! ;0)

And, yes Rolando, you can call yourself a biatch, because it sounds to me like you are indeed a blog whore! lol It truly is an underrated profession.

That leet speak...holey moley! My head hurts just thinking about it! lol

Tralfie, I love your blog! Keep up the good work, I beg you! ;0)

And Professor, I thought you may enjoy my editing!

xoxo

 
At Friday, August 13, 2004 9:28:00 AM, Blogger rg said...

My Blog + Attention whoring is purely ad honorem. ^_^

 
At Friday, August 13, 2004 5:56:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

Hey, I think I figured out what ticks off some people against you, Good Wife.

It's your buttocks!!! People seem offended to talk to your butt... I think you should photoshop a bit of jelly on top of your butt... kinda like episode 609 from the simpsons... ("Homer Badman", when Homer grabs a piece of jelly from the babysitter's butt)

Then they would make this face.

 
At Friday, August 13, 2004 7:31:00 PM, Blogger rg said...

Thanks, GW... when I thought of using that picture, I knew I'd put a smile on your face. Mission Accomplished.

^_^

 
At Saturday, August 14, 2004 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I'm prety new to blogging, too, and I don't have time to blog whore. Instead I just come over to GW's links list and go from there.

Thanks for whoring for all of us, and putting together a great little list of blogs like ours. Us crazy people need to stick together.

And thanks for all the great press - you've sent me more hits than anything else, for sure.

A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home