.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.
Previous Posts

Archives:

Blogging Playmates

Resources & Thanks



Creative 

Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.


Design by Ciao! My bella!

Powered by Blogger


Monday, October 11, 2004

"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!"

But nobody asked me, now did they?

We went out to dinner with Denise and Dave on Friday night at a nice new restaurant. Promptly after ordering our food, Denise's water broke. 6 weeks early. Aye yi yi!

I spent the night with her at the hospital, while Rick went home to take care of our son. At 7:23 am on Saturday morning, her teeny tiny little peanut was born at 4 lbs and 11 oz, 17 inches long.

Whew!

Birth is an entirely different experience when its not you yourself doing the labor and delivery. The smell of blood was nearly overwhelming at times, and witnessing the human body at work like that....Well, it was something.

Mom and baby are doing wonderfully, and my weekend has been consumed with all things baby, trying to help Denise get her home ready for the early arrival and whatnot.

No time for sex posts. All together now, AWWWWWWW!!!

The Good Wife is TIRED!!!

In interesting news, being an undecided voter can be a good thing. Rick was invited and attended the debate last week. Lucky bastard.

So you missed me, huh? I love you guys. You will be duly rewarded.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations! Now I understand why GW has been quiet the past few days but that's just fine...good to know that everyone to doing well!

:-)

 
At Tuesday, October 12, 2004 7:01:00 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Being a Military spouse with friends who are military spouses we are often each other's family. But I didnt realize the extent of that family till my friend called, said she was in labor and asked me to come. Next thing I know.. I'm in the delivery room and the good DR. is telling me to grab a leg and help. It truly is an amazing event to witness first hand, but I learned you aren't supposed to scream "Holy Shit" when the head slides out, cause that causes the woman in labor to panic a bit.

 
At Tuesday, October 12, 2004 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Waterhouse said...

Goody,

Shelob's water never broke. Three births, all three times the ob/gyn used the crochet hook to break it. I was thinking that was a t.v. thing!

The last time was very funny. The doc came in wearing a three hundred dollar Cosby sweater. He swaggered like Joe Namath and Mark McGwire rolled into one, asked for the instrument, popped the bubble, got soaked with amniotic fluid--just soaked! I said, "Ah, Doc, that was a nice sweater." Ruined. Utterly ruined.

Shelob was in labor at her baby shower with our firstborn. She was on bedrest for about four months with our second. We were constantly at the hospital. With the third, the kid kind of glided out.

I'll take all the venom gladly. I have these memories. I have these kids!

 
At Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Chastity said...

4 lbs. 11 oz., that's tiny! I bet Denise is in heaven with her little one :).

I've witnessed one birth in person, a couple of years ago....it's amazing, that's for sure, and a little overwhelming at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home